Wednesday, March 12, 2008

An ode


Right now, I'm nearly out of groceries. This was the case yesterday too. I'm still putting off shopping until the weekend, but I traipsed down to the corner store yesterday for one item.

Half and half.

Half and half is how I know I absolutely need coffee. In an utterly stuck-with-it-and-can't-live-without-it way.

Now, I can go without having coffee in the house. There's a cafe a few blocks away that serves a perfectly acceptable americano. For a good one, I can take a five-minute drive.

But I work from home, and if there's coffee in the house, I would prefer to drink it.

Right now, I have a bag of unexceptional Community Reserve. Tomorrow, I'll get a bag of real coffee from Orleans Coffee Exchange.

Everything about this coffee makes my heart sing. From the Sulawesi's buttery foam to the Harrar's blueberry finish. I'm already excited.

No comments: