Thursday, March 13, 2008

Strangely delicious

For lunch I had a bacon and orange marmalade sandwich.

Recipe pilfered from here. In my rush to consume, I forgot to take a picture, so check out theirs.

Next time, I'll use more bacon and less marmalade. My sandwich came out too sweet. That's probably because I was using Bonne Maman marmalade, which isn't the best I've had, but was the best I could get in a pinch. (This is the best marmalade I've had.)

Nevertheless, I still managed to produce a sandwich that paired the bacon's salty smoke with the marmalade's sweet bitterness. Using pumpernickel is an interesting choice. The caraway gives the sandwich heft and complexity it wouldn't otherwise have and I think choosing it over rye provides a nice aesthetic.

I have high hopes for the next one. I might have it tomorrow. Or in an hour.

No comments: